It’s no wonder why in-home care is a popular selection among those requiring everyday living services as individuals receiving support from a personal caregiver benefit in a multitude of ways. One benefit, and at times a deciding factor, is limited exposure to viruses and, in turn, a reduced chance for serious complications. Experiencing severe effects from illnesses remains a high risk for older adults and those with chronic diseases, thus limiting one’s exposure to the masses can help ease health concerns. As we saw during the height of the pandemic, quarantines were put into place as residents in nursing homes and assisted living communities were categorically most vulnerable for experiencing significant health issues. Families, visitors and even personal caregivers offering supplemental care were not permitted inside these facilities in order to help prevent viral transmission. However, with numerous residents and a rotating staff who must be able to come and go, risk for infection in care centers can be higher with or without the threat of a viral pandemic.
Here at Aqua Home Care, we refer trusted providers from our registry who meet the needs of their clients right at home. With this type of one-on-one care, limiting exposure is made easier by far. Those who have compromised immune systems with high susceptibility to illness, and complications thereafter, gain peace of mind knowing they are in their own private surroundings. Services that promote health and wellness are available, aiding in the decreased risk for viral infection. Such services include:
- Heavy housecleaning – disinfecting surfaces, laundering and changing linens, washing dishes, mopping, etc.
- Medication reminders – these reminders aid individuals in keeping health issues under control and, in turn, reduces stress on the immune system
- Personal hygiene care – washing hands, showering/bathing, grooming, etc.
- Transportation – doctor’s appointments, pharmacy, etc.
- Companionship and supervision – at home or while out and about where assistance and monitoring for health and safety concerns would be beneficial
- And more
In-home care makes receiving support in the intimacy and comfort of home possible. If you have any questions regarding in-home care services for you or for a loved one, please do not hesitate to give our team members a call. We maintain 24/7 reachability so that someone will always be here to answer, listen, meet, assess and refer in order to bring you the support you need and deserve for continued wellness at home.