Tis the season when many bask in holiday excitement, the arrival of relatives and loved ones from afar, and the cooling of temperatures that add to the feeling of seasonal joy. It is also the season, however, when certain illnesses, such as the cold and flu, are increasingly reported. Bacteria and viruses can spread via human contact, by touching germ-ridden surfaces and even through the air we breathe. While it is important for everyone to do what they can to prevent feeling under the weather, some individuals are even more susceptible than others to fall ill. Children, seniors and those who are immunocompromised face greater risks.
Here at Aqua Home Care, we understand the importance of taking preventative steps to protect against illness all year round. Yet, we also understand that, for those requiring daily living support, assistance may be needed to do so most effectively. Those who receive in-home care services benefit from having a caregiver nearby to meet their everyday needs. Aside from personal care, recipients also benefit from services that aim to promote health and wellness while preventing the spread of germs and proactively maintain healthy living. This includes:
- Heavy housecleaning – disinfecting surfaces, washing linens, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, etc. in order to prevent the spread of germs/bacteria
- Transportation – providing transportation to doctor’s appointments to monitor health and wellness
- Hygiene upkeep – assistance keeping up with proper hygiene such as bathing, sanitizing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing soiled clothing, etc.
- Medication reminders – taking medications as prescribed by a doctor benefit the body’s functioning and can help strengthen its response to incoming germs/bacteria. Caregivers offer reminders to take medication in accordance with doctor’s orders.
- Meal preparation – ensuring that meals and fluids are provided to maintain wellness, strength and energy
Being mindful and taking measures to prevent illness is imperative, especially for those who may be more at risk. In-home caregivers can help support wellness by assisting with the implementation of such preventative measures. For reliable care at home, give our team at Aqua Home Care a call. We refer trusted caregivers who will be there to meet your everyday needs as well as offer support to apply daily practices for health and wellness.