With cases of fall injuries among seniors occurring on a daily basis, it remains a leading concern for aging individuals and their families. While not all falls lead to major complications, commonly reported injuries include sprains, bone fractures and head trauma. Aging can bring about risk factors that make falling more likely, and assistance may be necessary to maintain one’s safety. Vision problems, balancing issues, mobility limitations, taking certain medications and other health conditions can increase the likelihood of experiencing a fall. When there is a cause for concern, support is available to help those in need of care.
Aqua Home Care is a company that believes in quality service and quality living. We dedicate our efforts toward finding experienced, compassionate in-home caregivers for individuals requiring daily living assistance. Unlike in nursing home facilities, in-home care offers one-on-one personal support and supervision. Safety and well-being are a top priority, and having a trusted care professional nearby can help reduce one’s risk of falling victim to avoidable injuries. Many accidents take place right at home, though caregivers are able to take precautions while indoors or out and about by:
- Ensuring floors are clear of clutter
- Being mindful of tripping hazards such as area rugs, steps, wires/cords, sidewalk cracks, wet floors, unsteady furniture/furniture low in height, etc.
- Drying spills and water from bathroom floors
- Providing mobility assistance
- Ensuring areas of the home are well-lit and providing guidance when outdoors in non-well-lit areas
- Assisting with standing, sitting, getting in/out of bed or shower and when using the facilities
- Helping select proper footwear
- And more
Falls can occur at any time, and taking precautions to prevent them is a daily practice. When considering care options for yourself or for a loved one, know that there are options available that don’t require packing a suitcase. Receiving in-home care services means being able to continue living life right in the comfort of home. Falling is preventable and can be avoided when proper precautions are taken. Aqua Home Care is here to help make this possible by finding trusted caregivers that meet personal care needs and monitor for safety and well-being.