The holiday season is a time for family, dear friends, cheer, the spirit of giving and fond memories of the celebrations in years past. While there is much that makes us stop and reminisce this time of year, there may also be much to prepare. Many individuals can be found navigatin/g the aisles of the supermarket, bakery, and deli in preparation of their annual feast. Others are perusing through online inventories or venturing out to retail stores and shops around town in hopes of finding the perfect gift for each friend and relative on their list. Some are going though old bins and boxes, sifting through an assortment of decorations and lights.
While some traditions are being rethought and revised this year, the joy of the season can still be felt. Here at Aqua Home Care, we want you to know that we are here to help in-home care recipients continue to feel the joy at home. In-home caregivers from our registry provide quality support for their clients every day, including when the holidays arrive. For many, participating in yearly traditions is an important and deeply enjoyable time. Some individuals suffer from medical conditions that limit their abilities to perform not only daily tasks, but the seasonal ones as well. Arthritis, vision loss, mobility issues, muscle weakness and more can make these tasks less manageable. To help keep special occasions special, in-home caregivers can help by:
- Providing transportation around town to complete holiday errands
- Being there to navigate through shopping areas and parking lots while practicing safe distancing and mask wearing
- Assisting with sending holiday cards
- Using technology to shop online
- Using social media platforms to communicate with loved ones
- Accessing bins and boxes that may be difficult to safely remove from shelves
- Assisting with wrapping gifts
- Making arrangements with family members
- Providing companionship if loved ones aren’t near
- And more
Our Aqua Home Care team wants you to be comfortable in your own home all year long. Whether you or your loved one is currently receiving our in-home caregiver referral services or you are considering in-home care in the future, you can rest easy knowing that quality support is available every day, including the days when you wish to embrace the magic of the season. As we all continue our preparations, we at Aqua Home Care wish everyone safety, wellness and joy.