Staying updated and being prepared before, during and after periods of inclement weather is a key way to ensuring one’s safety. We’re in a more active period of hurricane season where the potential for such storms increases, and it’s more important than ever to have a plan in place in the event of hazardous conditions. Power outages, torrential rainfall, flooding, wind gusts and debris are all possible during a storm and remaining alert and prepared is paramount.
Here at Aqua Home Care, we know the risks involved when such storms arise. Our Sunshine State receives its share of storms throughout the year, but as we all know some months are more prone to activity than others. In the event of a tropical storm or hurricane, it is important to:
- Gather essential supplies such as nonperishable food, water, blankets, flashlights and batteries
- Monitor the weather for changes
- Locate a shelter ahead of time should an evacuation be issued
- Refill medications before the storm to avoid running out
- Make arrangements for pets should an evacuation be issued
- Designate a safe space in the home
- Restock batteries in flashlights
- Call for assistance, if needed, to put up storm shutters
- Get to a safe place in the home or to a shelter
We understand that anticipating a major storm can cause stress and anxiety and we continue to stay vigilant throughout this time. As we continue to move through the peak of hurricane season, we wish all in our community a safe experience before, during and after any storms that may come our way.