Florida’s Treasure Coast is no stranger to troublesome weather. When storm clouds gather and watches are put into place, recommendations to prepare, or even evacuate, can become widespread. Now that we are in the peak of hurricane season, a watchful eye should be kept on the weather and possible weather-related threats. Aqua Home Care closely monitors these conditions as well, placing the safety of individuals receiving our referral services as our top priority. In the unfortunate event of a hurricane or strong storm, we reach out to confirm individuals have a plan in place.
Along our shores and beyond many are now taking precaution against possible hurricane implications. Caregivers are busy preparing as well, assisting in any way they can. Those who live alone or have families living elsewhere may find it difficult to take all of the necessary steps to ensure safety. A trusted caregiver can help by not only seeing to daily needs, but by helping with storm readiness such as:
- Gathering necessary supplies: batteries, flashlights, first aid kit
- Placing important documents in safe containers
- Shopping for water and nonperishable food items
- Arranging for shelter/transportation in the event of evacuation
- Calling for assistance with placing storm shutters on your home
- Arranging for shelter for your pets if they must be left behind
- Monitoring of weather conditions
- Bringing outside items inside
- Help with refilling any necessary medications
- Providing companionship
Safety and well-being is of utmost importance. Those receiving in-home care services should always feel safe in their homes, even during a storm. Caregivers prepare and stay informed regarding weather-related situations and aftermath. Our thoughts are with those receiving in-home care services, caregivers, their families, and all in our community during times of potential hazardous weather. We at Aqua Home Care refer quality in-home care to those in need of services, and that care doesn’t stop during the preparation of a storm. In preparing together, we will be stronger together.