With holiday festivities, seasonal vacations, annual traditions and the arrival of visiting relatives just around the corner, excitement is certainly in the air as we welcome this special time of year. Unfortunately, the viruses that cause the flu and the common cold are also in the air, and these ailments can spread via human contact, by touching germ-ridden surfaces and even through airborne droplets. Throughout the year, and especially throughout old and flu season, it is important for everyone to do what they can to prevent illness. For some individuals, the risk of falling ill is much higher as they are more susceptible. Such is the case with children, seniors and those who are immunocompromised.
Our Aqua Home Care team understands the importance of taking preventative measures to protect against viruses all year round. We also understand that, for those requiring daily living support, assistance may be needed to implement these measures effectively. Individuals who receive in-home care services benefit from having a caregiver nearby to meet their everyday needs. Aside from personal care, recipients also benefit from services geared toward promoting good health and wellness.
Preventing the spread of germs and proactively maintaining healthy living is facilitated through:
- Heavy housecleaning – disinfecting surfaces, washing linens, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, etc. in order to prevent the spread of germs/bacteria
- Transportation – providing transportation to doctor’s appointments to monitor health and wellness
- Hygiene upkeep – assistance keeping up with proper hygiene such as bathing, sanitizing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing soiled clothing, etc.
- Medication reminders – taking medications as prescribed by a doctor benefit the body’s functioning and can help strengthen its response to incoming germs/bacteria. Caregivers offer reminders to take medication in accordance with doctor’s orders.
- Meal preparation – ensuring that meals and fluids are provided to maintain wellness, strength and energy
Care services should illness occur:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medication reminders
- Assistance refilling medications
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments
- Support with personal care routines
- Contacting services in the event of an emergency
Being mindful and taking measures to prevent illness is imperative, especially for those who may be more at risk. In-home care providers promote wellness by assisting with the implementation of preventative measures, and also offer support should their client become ill. For reliable care at home, 24/7 reachability, and guidance through this cold and flu season, Aqua Home Care is here.