With instances of fall injuries among older adults being reported on a daily basis, fall risk remains a leading accident concern for aging individuals and their families. While not all falls lead to major complications, common injuries include sprains, bone fractures and head trauma. Aging can bring about risk factors that make falling more likely, and assistance may be necessary to maintain one’s safety. Vision problems, balancing issues, mobility limitations, taking certain medications and other health conditions can increase the likelihood of experiencing a fall. When there is a cause for concern, support is available to help those in need of care.
Here at Aqua Home Care, we dedicate our efforts toward matching experienced, compassionate in-home caregivers with individuals who require daily living assistance. Unlike in nursing home facilities, in-home care offers one-on-one personal support and supervision. Safety and well-being are a top priority, and having a trusted care professional nearby can help reduce one’s risk of falling victim to avoidable injuries. Many accidents take place right at home, though caregivers are able to take precautions while indoors or when out and about by:
- Ensuring floors are clear of clutter
- Being mindful of tripping hazards such as area rugs, steps, wires/cords, sidewalk cracks, wet floors, unsteady furniture/furniture low in height, etc.
- Drying spills and water from bathroom floors
- Providing mobility assistance
- Ensuring areas of the home are well-lit and providing guidance when outdoors in non-well-lit areas
- Assisting with standing, sitting, getting in/out of bed or shower and when using the facilities
- Helping select proper footwear
- And more
A fall can happen at any time, and taking precautions to prevent them is a daily practice. When considering care options for yourself or for a loved one, seeking support from a trusted source is paramount. Receiving in-home care services means being able to continue living life right in the comfort of home while personal needs are met. Falling is preventable and can be avoided when proper precautions are taken. Our Aqua Home Care team is here to help make this possible by finding trusted caregivers who assess risks, take proactive measures and monitor for safety and well-being.