International Infection Prevention Week is observed yearly in October. This month from the 16th through the 22nd, healthcare professionals, educators and communities are raising awareness about the importance of preventing infections while promoting best practices. Staying well and preventing illness is always of utmost importance, and adopting daily practices that decrease the likelihood of contracting viral and bacterial infections can make a world of difference.
When it comes to receiving quality in-home care services that promote wellbeing, our Aqua Home Care team refers providers who use infection prevention strategies all year long. Highly trained, compassionate caregivers from our registry have an understanding of viral and bacterial spread as well as how to implement methods for prevention. Having a caregiver with a strong background and knowledge in maintaining wellness is imperative. Some in-home care recipients may be even more susceptible to contract an infection than others due to an impaired immune system or other factors. Providers we refer offer a wide range of services to their clients that aid in supporting and maintaining healthy living. Services that support infection prevention include:
- Heavy Housecleaning – Mopping floors, cleaning under furniture and behind refrigerators/ovens, scrubbing bathrooms, laundry etc. to prevent bacteria and mold build-up
- Sanitization – Ensuring that surfaces are properly disinfected along with washing linens
- Food Storage and Meal Prep – Ensuring that food is kept in a proper place at an appropriate temperature and then properly prepared in a cleanly manner
- Wound Dressing – Changing and cleaning of wounds and bandages as recommended
- Medication Reminders – Alerting the client when it is time to take their medications
- Personal Hygiene Maintenance – Assisting the client with showering, bathing, grooming, hand washing, using hand sanitizer, teeth brushing and cleanliness after using the facilities
- Social Distancing – Assisting the client with maintaining a safe distance from others when necessary, support with shopping online/using social platforms to interact with friends/family, etc.
Having clean surroundings, taking medications as directed, and practicing proper hygiene play key roles in staying healthy and avoiding serious health issues. Here at Aqua Home Care, we place safety and wellbeing at the top of our list and implement strategies that are conducive to wellness and quality living. In honor of International Infection Prevention Week, we wish everyone in our community and beyond good health and much success with preventative practices.