The types of decisions we are faced with evolve with each life phase. Needs, lifestyles and even capabilities change over time. You may be at a point where you are deciding if in-home care is the right option for you. Perhaps an injury or health issue has come up unexpectedly, or maybe certain tasks have simply become less manageable to do alone. As with any other life decision, it’s important to ask yourself if in-home care is something that would suit you and your needs. Most paths in life are taken with some depth of consideration, and it often helps to reflect on what it is you need and, ultimately, what will enhance your life. Here at Aqua Home Care, we are pleased to refer trusted in-home care providers from our registry who offer a variety of services to their clients. Our team would like to share a list of questions you might find helpful when making a decision about in-home care:
- Am I recovering from an injury that inhibits my ability to complete activities of daily living?
- Is my medical condition making independent living increasingly difficult?
- Are there only a limited number of family members (or none) available to care for me at this time?
- Do my mobility issues interfere with my daily routines?
- Am I still able to function independently in a way that is safe and effective?
- Would having a part-time, full-time or live-in caregiver be beneficial to my daily living?
- Is my ability to drive myself to doctor appointments, the grocery store and run other errands inhibited in any way?
- Do I often forget to take my medications and need reminders?
- Has caring for my home and for myself become a concern to me or to my loved ones?
- Have my doctors or loved ones expressed concern for my wellbeing?
- Have my doctors or loved ones suggested support for daily living?
- Would I like to receive care in the comfort and privacy of my own home?
If you find yourself answering “yes” to one or more of these questions, then in-home care may be an option that enhances your daily living experience. Our Aqua Home Care team members are here to help with experience, resources, and 24/7 reachability. Choosing our team means receiving quality services in your own familiar surroundings with the promise of reliable, consistent, compassionate, trusted support.