Feeling under the weather is highly relateable as it is likely to be experienced at one point or another. From the common cold to more serious illnesses, enduring any stretch of unpleasant symptoms can be difficult. Imposing side-effects that get in the way of everyday life are unwelcome and impeding. Unfortunately, illness-causing germs are everywhere. This can be especially troublesome for those with weaker or immature immune systems as these individuals are more prone to not only contracting an illness, but prone to experiencing more serious reactions as well. When it comes to those requiring daily personal care services, some options place individuals in locations where the likelihood of exposure is elevated. With in-home care, however, exposure can be more easily limited.
Here at Aqua Home Care, we know the importance of staying in good health and the positive impact it has on everyday wellness. We are pleased to refer trusted in-home caregivers who enable individuals to stay right in their own homes while they receive the support they need. When in one’s own familiar surroundings, it becomes easier to keep germs at bay. While germs surely exist within personal dwellings, caregivers can help counteract with proactive measures that can include:
- Practicing good hygiene and helping their clients with hygienic routines – hand washing, showering/bathing, containing coughs and sneezes, discarding used tissues, etc.
- Disinfecting surfaces – using proper cleaning products to keep surfaces as germ-free as possible
- Changing and washing soiled linens – keeping clothing and other linens clean can wash away harmful bacteria
- Heavy housecleaning – mopping, scrubbing, washing, etc.
- Medication reminders – staying current on medications can help keep the body in prime condition and enable the body to better ward off and fight certain illnesses
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments – keeping up with regular visits to the doctor can help with early detection as well as preventing symptoms from becoming worse
- And more
While it is likely to experience some type of illness throughout life, limiting exposure can help. This is especially important for those more susceptible to contracting illnesses as side-effects can be more severe. This is one major benefit of in-home care as individuals can stay in their own homes where risk of exposure is more limited rather than in populated care centers. Our Aqua Home Care team continues to refer reliable caregivers who provide quality service and promote client safety and wellness. With proactive measures we can all reduce our own risk of exposure and, should illness arise, treat and contain it properly. In-home caregivers assist with this everyday, and Aqua Home Care is happy to help those seeking services find the care at home that helps them live well and stay well.